To benefit fully from the interactional nature of coaching, it is vital to develop your skills as an improviser. Whether you are a full-time coach or a manager using a coaching approach, you gain a huge advantage when you can comfortably respond in the moment as your coaching sessions or conversations with team members develop. You get closer to your strategic goals by developing fluency in your tactics.
Of course, a coach is improvising all the time. If we understand improvisation as the exercise of freedom within a structure, your coaching model provides a structure, and it is within this that you are constantly making choices. As you develop your improvisation skills, you get better at making more appropriate responses. This takes you deep into your:
- listening skills ability to be present
- creativity and your ability to apply that creativity in innovative questions and comments
As you build these skills, you and your clients will gain more from each session. This means it is time to think of coaches as improvisers. Improvisers make the best use of the resources available to them, they adapt as circumstances change and they are expert collaborators.
To enhance your pitch or presentation, you can now book a one-to-one coaching session via skype (or similar) with Paul.
15minute – The Pep Talk
- For a final polish and to overcome last-minute nerves. Book a call with Paul before your next presentation for a quick, focused discussion that can make all the difference.
90minutes – Getting it Ready
- To plan your structure and check on your style. Book a face-to-face meeting or have a session via skype or phone.
- This will fine tune your prepared pitch so that you know you’ll do yourself justice.
90minutes x three – Perfect Pitch
- To plan your presentation from the start, following the best guidelines for structure, style and audience engagement.
- Available face-to-face or via skype or phone.
- Ensure your pitches make an impact.
- How to connect with your audience.
- How to find your style.
- How to structure a pitch or presentation
Schedule a coaching session today
Paul Jackson Associates Limited. A registered company in England and Wales. Company Number 09564618. VAT Number GB 213 37981. Registered Address 10 Greville House, Lower Road, Harrow on the Hill, Middlesex, HA2 0HB. Postal Address 34a Clarence Road, St Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 4NG Telephone 01727 843 820 Mobile 07973 953 586
© 2009-2017 Paul Jackson Associates / The Improvisation Academy - All Rights Reserved