Be Brief is a half-day training course in team briefing, i.e. the art of getting your message across effectively to all members of your team. The course includes information, discussion, sharing, video, practice and action planning. There is an information pack to complete and take away, and this can include a pocket reminder for helping prepare and deliver a brief.
By the end of the session, participants are ready to:
- Communicate a brief effectively and enthusiastically to their team
- Listen to concerns of their team and address them either on-the-spot or by takeaway
- Incorporate any changes in the organisation’s briefing system
- What are we here for – a briefing from us
- The current state of team briefing
- How to enthuse
- Beyond reading – the audition
- Responding to questions – whether or not you know the answers
- ‘I expect you’re wondering why I’ve called you all here….’
- Action Points
Well presented and involved all of the people attending. Made me see in a different light the way to brief. Will help me brief my shift in a more professional way.
Beneficial and interesting, it provided insight into fuller and more active participation in team briefings.